Monday, September 22, 2014

To Look into His Eyes......

     I remember looking into the eyes of my babies, not as newborns, but as they got older and started participating in our relationship. I'd hold them and rock them and we'd just stare at each other so passionately. It was deep, intentional eye contact born out of the closest of relationships. Through it, we shared our deepest feelings with each other. Long before they could speak, they told me clearly with their eyes, "I love you, Mama. You make me feel safe. You are all I need" And I believe that on a very real and emotional level, they knew what I was saying to them. "You are the most perfect thing I have ever seen. I love you with every fiber of my being. I am here to take care of you and protect you. I will ALWAYS be here for you. I will give up my very life for you. I would die for you." It is these quiet moments, staring deep into each other’s eyes and sharing our desperate feelings for each other, that I miss the most about the greatest love I have ever known here on earth, the love between my babies and I.

     So on Sunday, Pastor Jeff encouraged us to focus on Heaven and what it is going to be like. "What are you looking forward to in Heaven?" He asked. My answer is this: to look into the eyes of Jesus and feel His love for me and share my love for Him. Just to look into His eyes will be enough. No words will be needed. We'll both know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!