Saturday, April 5, 2014

Not Mine

By Lisa Marie Harmon

I've received a gift from God, divine
A life of measured minutes,
An ordained part in His design,
A race for me to finish.

This gift, I know, I must return
And consider it not mine,
If, from the Spirit, I’m to learn
As a graft upon the vine.

Learn what it means to turn a cheek,
To be the light and salt,
To feel His strength when I am weak,
To love and not find fault.

I want to show my neighbors
Where to quench their thirst.
I want to die, like He did,
To be the last, yet first.

I could fill my life with pleasures,
Seek just my own advance,
But I’d miss the perfect treasures
Of our mystical romance.

I only have so many days
And so very much to learn.
I’ll put aside my selfish ways
And for His wisdom, yearn.

For when my days are done
And I stand before my King,
I pray, in me, he sees the Son,
And joy, to Him, I bring.



National Poetry Writing Month entry Day 5.
Prompt: Not Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!