Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Good Decision

by Lisa Marie Harmon

What should I do? What should I do?
The choices equal fifty-two.

Wash the cups? The dirty plates?
Check for new insurance rates?

Clean the bathroom? Sort the socks?
Pack up the donation box?

I've got to plan my co-op class.
Place an online order fast!

We’re out of milk and Claire needs shoes.
A shopping trip is overdue.

The office is an official mess.
An appalling mess I should address.

My house is full of chores, no doubt.
The barn? Don’t even talk about.

There are so many pressing needs.
In me, a mound of stress, they breed.

So now’s the time I will decide.
My horse, I think that I will ride! 


National Poetry Writing Month, Day 9
Prompt: Accept the fluster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!