Saturday, January 11, 2014

Turnip Gratin

This Turnip Gratin recipe by Ree Drummund is really great!  It is rich, creamy and delicious.  I had never had Gruyere cheese before and I'm so glad I tried it! It's a special treat.  The sauce for this dish tastes a lot like an Alfredo sauce and seems appropriate for special occasions.  I plan to try making it next time with less butter and cream for a lighter, week night side dish.  I used only 4 ounces of Gruyere and it was plenty for flavor.  The day after I made this for dinner, I thawed some pre-cooked shrimp and plopped them in a bowl of left over turnip gratin for my lunch.  It was delicious!

The Pioneer Woman's Turnip Gratin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!